LACA’s response to a public consultation on the review of EU copyright rules.
The consultation spans 80 questions and covers a broad spectrum of copyright law, looking at areas where copyright inhibits cross-border provision and the functioning of the (Digital) Single Market.
LACA’s response calls for:
- the imbalance in the way the exceptions have been implemented across the EU to be addressed;
- an e-lending exception for libraries;
- better solutions for mass digitisation;
- freedom of choice for teachers;
- a shorter copyright term.